In te, Domine, speravi

The other night I was doing compline before going to bed.  I read psalm 31 and it struck me how meaningful that psalm is.

In you, O Lord, have I taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame:
   deliver me in your righteousness.

Incline your ear to me;
   make haste to deliver me.

Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for you are my crag and my stronghold;
    for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me,

Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me.
    for you are my tower of strength.

Into your hands I commend my spirit,
    for you have redeemed me,
    O Lord, O God of truth.

I have read this passage so many times but it was at that moment, that one time that its power came through to me.  I felt so secure in God's love and protection.  I slept very well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment