Good Friday and More

The Episcopalians and Lutherans got together again for the Good Friday Service at First Lutheran.  It is always a pleasure when the two Churches can be one church at least for a night.  I have a hope that the day is not far off when we can all celebrate our shared faith together.

I am reading a book from an author I read long ago.  The book is, The Life You've always wanted:  Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People by John Ortberg.  Catchy title isn't it.  The first book of his I read was:  If You Want To Walk On Water, You Have To Get Out Of The Boat.  Another catchy title.  He is easy to read and as I am reading I keep saying to myself, "That is such a good idea, I'll have to remember that."  Of course I don't remember any of it but its nice to be inspired.

Tomorrow is the big day.  Easter is wonderful time for the church.  The somber time of Lent is over and we can breath the fresh air of spring.  It is time to celebrate the risen Christ.  What a wonderful time have five baptisms and a re-affirmation.  I know Frank has worked very hard at getting the documents together including the order of service.  Sherry has dedicated herself to baking, getting presents and dressing up the hall for the celebration afterward.  It will be wonderful!

Please come.  Services are at 9:15.

Peace,
Deacon Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment