Graduation Ceremony

Hi Everyone.  It has been a while since I posted and my excuse is that my home computer is in the shop.  Apparently my back light went out on the screen.  How much do you think a small back light should cost?  Over a hundred dollars plus labor. Yikes!!

This Sunday Sherry and I will be going to Wartburg Seminary for their graduation ceremony.  They will be giving me my TEEM certificate.  TEEM stands for Theological Education for Emerging Ministries.  Over a three year period I have been taking their courses both online and on campus.  The program is designed for older students who are feeling the call to ministry but who would be unable to do a Master of Divinity program.

Wartburg has a dedicated staff and they have worked with us Episcopalians in designing a program that is a good fit.  Episcopalians take additional course work that is specific to our denomination.  Wartburg is Lutheran.  Pray for me that I don't trip on my way to receive my diploma.

Fr. Walker will be doing our service this Sunday at St. Andrew's.

I have some sad and good news.  Samuel, our organist, is moving soon to Dubuque.  It will be a great loss for us.  Sam is a very spiritual guy and an inspiration to us all.  He will be missed.  At the same time, this is a great opportunity for him!  Our loss is Dubuque's gain.

I have had all kinds of deep theological thoughts this week without my computer but they all escape me now.

Blessings,
Deacon Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment