It's a Beautiful Day

It is such a gorgeous day in Chariton, Iowa.  We have good friends visiting from Colorado. (which makes me wonder if we have bad friends)  They came this weekend to see the Pella Tulip Festival and today they are in Des Moines for the farmers market.  When they return this afternoon we will go to Red Haw to see the redbuds and then visit Pipers.  If there is time we will go out to the Amish store.  They are amazed that Iowa is so green. 

It is great to have people come to visit because there are so many things we take for granted that visitors are quick to point out.  I do love Iowa.  You never would have heard me say that when I was fifteen.

My graduation from the TEEM program at Wartburg is getting close.  I decided to go to it partly because I want to see my classmates one more time.  I was impressed with Wartburg Seminary.  They were  very kind to this old Episcopalian and I felt welcome there.

Blessings,
Deacon Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment