Robin Williams: May He Rest In Peace


I was shocked as I am sure you were that Robin Williams died yesterday.  He made me laugh and he made me think.  The man was a national treasure and he is sorely missed.  I had read that he fought depression all of his life and there in lies the irony.  Robin Williams brought us such joy and laughter while he struggled with the demon of severe clinical depression.

Back when I was a kid I thought there were simple solutions to depression and drug addiction.  You just needed to stop taking drugs and  you needed to get over yourself.  I know better today.  My prayers go out to Robin and his family.

He was one of our more famous Episcopalians along with Bono of U2.  Robin Williams is best known in our circles for his "Ten Reasons to be an Episcopalian."


 
 
Peace,
Fr. Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment