Annual Picnic



We had our annual church picnic last Sunday.  It is a little odd that we call it a picnic because for the last four years we have held it inside at Bill Gode's house in Corydon.  He has a beautiful sun room that is almost like being outside except for the bugs and rain.  I loved it and I think everyone else had a good time too. 

We began with Morning Prayer and instead of me giving a sermon we had a dialogue about the Gospel reading.  It was a wonderful interchange of thoughts about what it means to be a Christian and the importance of having Christ in our lives.  I think all of us felt a stronger bond when I finally brought it to a close. 

Afterward, we ate and ate.  And, the food was so good.  Bill made a pumpkin desert that was delicious.  He also made a carrot loaf (meatloaf without the meat) that was truly enjoyed by all.
There was so much to eat and I regret I didn't get to try it all.

I forgot to mention that both congregations were at the picnic.  As we were riding back to Chariton, Dru made a comment.  She said it was the first time she had had a chance to really get to know Van.  That kind comment is enough to warm a vicar's heart. 

I am already looking forward to next year's picnic.

Peace,
Fr. Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment