Holy Week, Busy Week


Free Stuff

I apologize for not posting lately.  It has been a very busy week and it will only get busier.  Sunday I celebrated two masses, one at St. Andrew's and the other at Grace.  In the afternoon I visited the assisted living center and spent some time with a lovely group of Christians there.

  Monday I went to St. Paul's Cathedral in Des Moines for the Chrism Mass.  I was joined by the other clergy in the Iowa Diocese.  Bishop Scarfe blessed the chrism and unction oil that is to be used for this year and we also did a reaffirmation of our vows.  There was a simple meal of soup, salad and bread which we enjoyed afterward.  I had a nice conversation with a clergy couple who had just been to Honey Creek Lodge and they clearly, thoroughly enjoyed there stay there.

Tuesday Frank and I cleaned out the back storage area in the church.  It was an ugly chore but it had to be done.  There were canceled checks dating back over forty years along with mice nests and their droppings.  There were also a number of old hymnals and 1928 prayer books.  The books along with other odds and ends are sitting on the pew next to the door and they are free for the asking.

Today after Rotary I will finish writing the Maundy Thursday sermon and then begin writing the sermons for Good Friday and Easter. 

It has been a busy week and its only Wednesday morning!

Peace,
Fr. Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment