You Are What You Eat

Image result for cat

I am not implying with this picture you should eat cats.  Please read on and all will be revealed.
In my youth there was a popular saying, "You are what you eat."  It had more of a metaphorical meaning for me although this Christmas holiday I have eaten far too much candy and drank more eggnog and spirits than I should.

Maybe the fact that I have been bad on the eating spectrum has made me reflect on the other side of this saying.  What my brain consumes is important too.  That will be my resolution for next year.  I will consume fewer stories about guns and mayhem and maybe spend more time petting my cat.

Who a person hangs out with is important too.  I have a casual acquaintance who seems to have a negative opinion about just about everything.  After five minutes with this person I am exhausted.  Years ago when Rush was first on the radio waves I listened to one of his shows.  I was appalled at the sarcasm and just down right mean spirited nature of his radio show.  I think he has about ten million daily listeners.  Wow.

That will be another good New Year's Resolution.  I will not listen to Rush again this year.  I will listen to more public radio and watch more light hearted comedy.

Blessings to all in the coming year,
Fr. Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment