Christmas Eve Lessons and Carols

It is Christmas Day and I keep reflecting on our Christmas Eve service of Lessons and Carols.  It was, as always, a very moving service.  Samuel played organ and Viola.  Frank did a solo and the rest of us sang and listened to readings from scripture.  There were eighteen of us to share the service (nineteen if you count Jesus and I always count Jesus).  I could feel God's presence in that service and at times it was so overwhelming that I sometimes had to stop singing.  Christmas is such a special time of year.  

After the service we all sang happy birthday to Jesus and had a wonderful meal with a choice of three soups and so many other delicacies.  It truly felt like a party!  My hope is that all of you have a joyous and maybe restful Christmas Day.

May the blessings of God be upon you,
Deacon Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment