Olympics and Meetings

Every four years I watch the winter Olympics and it brings back memories of skiing and ice skating.  It is truly thrilling to watch these athletes at the top of their game doing things I could only dream of when I was at my best.  One of the reasons I moved to Wyoming was so that our two boys would learn how to ski.  And they did.  They are both very good skiers.  Me? Not so much but I'm OK.

We had our annual meeting at Grace Church in Albia.  It was a very good meeting with some decisions made that I believe will make the congregation stronger and spread out some of the church duties.  Pat will continue as senior warden with Jim as treasurer and Kim as secretary.  We created a new position of worship leader and Lynn will hold that position.  She and I will keep in close communication and we will be able to make good use of Lynn's musical talents.

I am hopeful that Grace will become stronger and grow over time!

Bible study is tomorrow and as always I look forward to our discussion.  Please join us!

Blessings,
Deacon Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment