The Kingdom of Heaven is like.......



I will be in Salt Lake City this Sunday visiting my son Louie and his family.  I am really looking forward to the visit.  At the same time I will miss my church family here in Chariton, Iowa.  While I am away the congregation will carry on with Morning Prayer.  Frank Myers will lead the service and Bill Gode will read the lessons and Daniel Scheetz will provide the music.  Morning prayer is a wonderful service and I am sure everything will be fine.

I won't be there to give a sermon so maybe I will write a few things on this blog.

This reading from Matthew has the words of Jesus starting with: The kingdom of heaven is like.  It got me to thinking...what do I believe the kingdom of heaven will be like.  Will it be full of angels and archangels singing God's praises.  Will it be streets paved with gold?  Or will it be like the Larson cartoon that has two angels sitting on a cloud looking down on earth.  Feeling a little bored the one angel says to the other, I wish I had brought a magazine.

I don't think heaven will be boring but beyond that I really have no idea what it will be like.  I see no reason for all of that singing and streets made of gold makes no  sense.  So...I don't know.  I guess I will ponder that thought as I fly from DesMoines to Salt Lake.

Blessings,
Fr. Fred Steinbach






No comments:

Post a Comment