War in Sudan

I am new at this.  I was trying to send out some information I had received in an email from the Iowa Diocese about South Sudan and after about an hour I gave up.  Here is a summary of what I read:

On the evening of December 15th fighting broke out in the Presidential Guard over political lines which I am guessing also involved tribal factions.  Since then it is estimated that 10,000 people have died and 130,000 people have been displaced.  These refugees lack food, water and sanitation.

The Episcopal Church Archbishop of Sudan and South Sudan is chairman of the South Sudan Committee for National healing, Peace and Reconciliation.  He is meeting with the House of Bishops to plan reconciliation between the factions.  The bishops agreed to work on reconciliation of the religious leaders so they would be better equipped to reconcile their congregations.

The fighting has not spread to Nzara which is a diocese that has a special relationship with the Diocese of Iowa.  If anyone reading this is interested, I will forward what I received to your email address.  I apologize for not figuring out how to just include this with the blog. Please keep these people in your prayers.

Peace,
Deacon Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment