Inspiration 2/9/14

I was looking for a book this morning when I got home from services.  It was a History of Christianity text and I wanted to use it to check the accuracy of something someone had said in church (not you Frank).  I never found the book and ended up checking an internet source for my needed information.

I did run across a book I hadn't opened in probably a year.  It was a translation of the Tao Te Ching. I have two other copies of the Tao (pronounced dao) and this translation is my favorite.  I opened it to this passage.

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

If you realize that you have enough,
you are truly rich.
If you stay in the center
and embrace death with your whole heart,
you will endure forever.

I needed to hear that today and I thank God that I picked up that book and read those words.

God's Peace,
Deacon Fred



No comments:

Post a Comment