Calm 7/9/14

It is Wednesday, a beautiful sunny day, and I am sitting in the church office contemplating all that has taken place.  I remember how much I looked forward to and dreaded my ordination last Sunday.  When Bishop Scarfe arrived, he asked me how I was doing and I said I was nervous.  He said, " You don't need to be.  You have very little to do."  He was right.  He also told me he was so nervous at his ordination that when he asked why they didn't sing a particular hymn he had requested, he was told that they had in fact sung it.  That's Nervous!

I have so many people to thank.  Sherry had oversight of the gathering after the service.  Frank did an amazing job on the bulletin. Sam came all the way from Dubuque to play the organ.  Jessica did a wonderful job of preparing the food.  Of course there was Julie, Susie, Bill, Rick and Dru.  My acolytes were great.  The deacons Kevin and Ruth honored me by taking part in the service.  I of course told the bishop I couldn't have done it without him and he agreed.

Now for the real work.  I need to prepare Sunday's sermon and get ready for my first Eucharist.

Peace,
Fr. Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment