Humor

One of my favorite bits of humor: 

Nietzche

A poster read: "God is dead" - Nietzche.
The graffiti underneath read: "Nietzche is dead" - God

A lot of people, especially those who do not attend a church, think religion is dark and serious and even a little threatening.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I remember as a child being pretty certain that if I died I would go to hell.  Yes, I was a major sinner at the age of eight.  I am a much better sinner today but I see God as more forgiving than he must have been back then.

I don't believe much hell fire and damnation preaching is going on these days.  Maybe I have been an Episcopalian so long that I am not so aware of it.  Anyway, I am pretty sure God loves you and me even though we do have a wart or two.

A friend of mine Sandy Stump passed away Tuesday evening.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Peace,
Fr. Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment